Industrial-Grade Motor and Gearbox
- Inline helical-cut gears for efficient, reliable and durable operation
- Ball bearings designed to accommodate hanging and thrust loads of Powerfoil 8
- Double lip seals to prevent any potential oil leakage
- Vented and lubricated for life with synthetic oil
Patented Airfoil System
- Patented airfoil system includes eight airfoils and winglets that provide maximum airflow and efficiency
- Unique aerodynamic design enhances both energy efficiency and airflow by eliminating vortex formation at the airfoil tips
- Cuffed winglet design eliminates wind noise
- Patent-pending AirFences™ redirect the fan’s air velocity profile, contributing to a 28% improvement in coverage area
VFD and Optional Wall Control
- NEMA 4X-rated controller employs an easy-to-read LED display in a compact, wall-mounted package
- EMI/RFI filter limits interference with other electronic equipment
- Rotary switch disconnect for lock-out/tag-out requirements
- Easy integration into building automation systems
- Wall controller (shown) with on-board VFD allows floor level control of all fan functions and troubleshooting.
- Patent-pending hub system includes hub, airfoil retainers and hub clips that offer tough and reliable performance
- Machine-cut precision components result in uniform load distribution to promote overall longevity and durability
Fire Control Panel Integration
- Standard, power-on shutdown fire relay included for seamless fire-control panel integration
- Be the master of your domain. Powerfoil®8 has several control options available—check them out!
- Easily control Powerfoil 8 with the digital keypad, touch control and LED display of the wall controller.
- Integrate Powerfoil 8 into your facility’s fire suppression system and keep employees safer.
- Add SmartSense™ to automatically adjust your fan’s speed based on temperature changes and seasonal conditions.
- Use BAFWorks™3.0 to control multiple fans from a single easy-to-use touch display.
- Integrate Powerfoil 8 into your building automation system for automatic centralized control of all your building’s systems.
- Learn More
Year-round Energy Savings
Big Ass overhead fans work with your HVAC to provide significant energy savings.
- In summer, the fans’ cooling effect means the a/c can be set several degrees higher.
- In winter, fans push the heat down from the ceiling, decreasing the work of your heater and leading to savings as high as 30 percent.
- Enjoy your fan, worry-free, with a lifetime hub and airfoil warranty.
- 5-year non-prorated warranty for all components with our Factory Certified Installation. Years 6-12 are prorated. (Receive a 3-year full coverage warranty without our Factory Certified Installation. Years 4-12 are prorated.)
- Big Ass Solutions handles all warranties without redirecting you to component manufacturers. We make it, we sell it, we install it and we guarantee it.
- See our Industrial Warranty Document for more information.
Plus Hybrid Airfoil
- Pushes air at an angle, moving it over and around obstructions
- Unique, aerodynamic airfoil and winglet designs enhance both energy efficiency and airflow by eliminating turbulent airflow at the airfoil tips
SmartSense is an automated system with three user modes: Winter, Summer and Manual.
- Winter Mode: Automatically adjusts speed to minimize temperature differential between the floor and ceiling
- Summer Mode: Increases fan speed as the floor-level temperature rises
- Manual Mode: Takes the system off autopilot and gives the user full control of fan operation
What You Get with Factory-Certified Installation
- A dedicated Big Ass Fans project manager to handle your project start to finish and forever after
- Assurance that your fan will be installed 100% correctly, by factory-trained and certified installers who know Big Ass Fans inside and out
- Extended 5-year non-prorated warranty or a 7-year prorated warranty
- More time to run your business while we handle the install quickly, cleanly and efficiently
The standard colors for Powerfoil 8 are silver and yellow. Want something different? You can individualize your fan with one of our 11 classic color upgrades, or work with our design consultants to create a shade that’s all your own.
Explore the Colors