Big Ass Fans Shipping Information, Warranty Claims and Return Policies
What should I do if my order is damaged or short pieces?
Big Ass Fans takes pride in its products and packaging. We certify this shipment is properly classified, packaged, marked and labeled, and is in proper condition for transportation according to applicable regulations for the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or international agencies.
Once your order is signed for at the delivery point, the shipment becomes your property and our liability ends. Help protect yourself from loss and damage.
- Before signing for your order, inspect it immediately for freight loss or damage.
- Note any freight loss or damage on the delivery receipt before the driver leaves, e.g. “1 carton damaged” or “1 carton short.”
- Get a copy of the signed delivery receipt that shows the freight loss or damage notation.
- Take pictures (if possible) and keep all packaging until final disposition has been made.
- Contact Big Ass Fans Customer Service at 1-877-BIG-FANS (877-244-3267), Option 2.
If freight loss or damage is not noted at the time of delivery, claims for loss and damage is between you and the freight carrier and any replacement of the product is at your cost.
Conditions of Return
Process for Return
- Big Ass Fans must be notified by the customer of the return within 90 calendar days of the delivery date on the original order. The product being returned must be shipped back within 10 business days of the receipt of the Return Material Authorization by the customer.
- Products that have not been installed will have a 25% restocking fee deducted from the returned funds. (Mobile or portable products subject to a 25% restocking fee.)
- Products that have been installed OR sold with a custom paint or appearance package are final and non-refundable.
- An additional service fee and/or parts replacement fee may be applied for any product that is returned missing components, damaged in shipment, or that has been modified in any way. Such fees and charges will vary based upon the actual material and labor costs necessary to repair the product, replace missing or modified parts, and to return the product to its original factory condition.
- Customer will contact Big Ass Fans via the phone number listed for your region or by filling out an online request.
- Once the product's return eligibility is determined and restocking fees are calculated by Customer Service, Big Ass Fans will provide a Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number and the address to ship the product to.
- The customer will be responsible for shipping the product and all insurance, freight, or other transportation charges to the address provided by Big Ass Fans. The product should be properly packed to avoid damage in transit. Big Ass Fans will not be responsible for such damage.
- Once the item is received by Big Ass Fans we will inspect the returned items to ensure that nothing is damaged and/or missing.
- The amount of the purchase minus restocking fee and original shipping charges will be credited to the billing account on the order
- The credit will be applied to the balance of the billing account. If the balance is less than the refunded amount the remaining funds will be refunded to the credit card used for purchase if applicable OR a check for the amount will be mailed to the address listed for the billing account on the order
If you believe a part failed during normal operation and is covered under warranty, notify Big Ass Fans. We will send you a replacement part and return labels for you to ship us the failed part. In order for us to evaluate the cause of the product failure, please return the original part to our offices within 10 business days of receipt of the replacement part. After we receive it, we will evaluate it and determine the reasons for its failure and whether it is covered under warranty. If the part is covered under warranty, you will not be charged for the replacement item. If the part is not covered under warranty, you will be charged for the replacement part plus shipping and handling.
Warranty Return Instructions
- Contact Customer Service at 1-855-694-2458 to obtain an RMA number
- Please use the return label supplied by your Customer Service associate. The return shipment address is:
Big Ass Fans
2251 Innovation Drive
Lexington, KY 40511 USA
- Use the packaging for the replacement part to return the original part. The RMA number must appear on the outside of the packaging.
- If the part weighs over 50 lb (22.7 kg), you will be provided a prepaid Bill of Lading. To schedule a freight pickup, please contact Customer Service. We will only charge freight costs if the original part is not covered under warranty.
- If the part weighs 50 lb (22.7 kg) or less, please use the provided prepaid shipping label and schedule a FedEx pickup or drop off the package at your local FedEx office location.
The WEEE directive requires manufacturers to mark electrical and electronic equipment with the WEEE symbol. The symbol consists of a crossed-out wheeled bin with a thick, black line below to remind consumers not to dispose of WEEE as unsorted municipal waste and to differentiate the symbol from other recycling symbols. Do not dispose of your product in the general waste. Please either check your local regulations on how to dispose of electrical and electronic products or return the product to Big Ass Fans (you pay shipping fees).
WEEE Return Instructions
You are responsible for providing and paying for shipping when returning a product to Big Ass Fans for the purpose of recycling under the WEEE directive.
Please ship the product to the following address:
Big Ass Fans
ATTN: WEEE Recycling
2251 Innovation Drive
Lexington, KY 40511