NitroSeal Drive System
- Purpose-built for maximum durability and cool operation
- Features <11 arc minutes backlash HeliCamber gear technology, SKF tapered roller bearings, a 2 1/2-inch (6.3cm) hollow output shaft, Simrit double-lipped output seals and lifetime synthetic oil
- Nitrogen filled and hermetically sealed to prevent contaminants for zero maintenance
Patented Airfoil System
- Patented airfoil system includes eight airfoils and winglets that set the world standard for airflow
- Unique aerodynamic design eliminates turbulent airflow at the airfoil tips
- Cuffed winglet design eliminates wind noise
- Patent-pending AirFences redirect the fan’s air velocity profile, contributing to a 28% improvement in coverage area
C-Face Motor Adapter
- C-face motor attachment enables technicians to detach the motor for easy field service
- Designed to work with our NitroSeal gearbox
- Covered under our 15-year, nonprorated warranty with factory installation
Allows integration of lights, security cameras, speakers, security mirrors and just about anything else you can imagine
Wall Mounted Keypad
- Operates an unlimited number of fans from a single wall control
- Powered by pre-assembled Cat5 cable
- Lightweight, compact control is easily installed and employs an easy-to-read LED display
- Use the button cover to prevent curious fingers from mucking up your energy savings
- Patent-pending hub system includes hub, airfoil retainers and hub clips that offer tough and reliable performance
- Machine-cut precision components offer uniform load distribution to promote overall longevity and durability
Fire Control Panel Integration
- Standard, power-on shutdown fire relay included for seamless fire-control panel integration
Onboard VFD Controls
- Onboard VFD controls are pre-wired to the motor, requiring only a single electrical run from the breaker panel to the fan
- All fans tested at full speed prior to shipping to ensure trouble-free installation
- Minimal distance between the motor and VFD controller eliminates EMI/RFI interference
- Simple integration into building automation systems using Modbus, analog outputs or other communication protocols
- Fully sealed polycarbonate enclosure provides maximum durability and corrosion resistance while preventing excessive heat buildup for extended service life
- IP55-rated to stand up to the toughest industrial environments
Be the master of your domain. Powerfoil®X3.0 has several control options available—check them out!
- Easily control Powerfoil X3.0 with the digital keypad, touch control and LED display of the wall controller.
- Integrate Powerfoil X3.0 into your facility’s fire suppression system and keep employees safer.
- Add SmartSense™ to automatically adjust your fan’s speed based on temperature changes and seasonal conditions.
- Use BAFWorks™3.0 to control multiple fans from a single easy-to-use touch display.
- Integrate Powerfoil X3.0 into your building automation system for automatic centralized control of all your building’s systems.
Year-round Energy Savings
Overhead Big Ass Fans work with your HVAC to provide significant energy savings.
- In summer, the fans’ cooling effect means the A/C can be set several degrees higher.
- In winter, fans push the heat down from the ceiling, so your heater runs less, leading to savings as high as 30 percent.
- Enjoy your fan, worry-free, with a lifetime hub and airfoil warranty.
- Unparalleled 15-year non-prorated warranty comes standard for all components with our Factory-Certified Installation.
- Big Ass Solutions handles all warranties without redirecting you to component manufacturers. We make it, we sell it, we install it and we guarantee it.
- See our Industrial Warranty Document for more information.
SmartSense is an automated system with three user modes: Winter, Summer and Manual.
- Winter Mode: Automatically adjusts speed to minimize temperature differential between the floor and ceiling
- Summer Mode: Increases fan speed as the floor-level temperature rises
- Manual Mode: Takes the system off autopilot and gives the user full control of fan operation
- Standard SmartSense control system automatically adjusts for 24/7 comfort.
- For more information on SmartSense, click here.
Plus Hybrid Airfoil
- Pushes air at an angle, moving it over and around obstructions
- Unique, aerodynamic airfoil and winglet design enhances both energy efficiency and airflow by eliminating turbulence at the airfoil tips
Developed in partnership with leading food manufacturers to meet the strictest wash-down requirements. Features and benefits of the wash-down fan include:
- Stainless steel and aluminum design
- Stainless steel wash-down motor for frequent intense cleaning
- Food-duty epoxy
- Completely sealed NitroSeal gearbox with food-grade oil
- Non-pooling design
- Nonporous, nonabsorbent and corrosion-resistant materials throughout
- Lifetime warranty on hub and airfoils, three years parts, one year labor
Powerfoil X LED
- Provides unimpeded, energy-efficient light
- Three standard output options: 9,050, 13,060 and 20,700 lumens. (An additional 10,500-lumen LED is available)
- Lens options include 30°, 80° and a 100° diffused option for softer, maximized spread
- Seamlessly integrates with existing building lighting grids, providing maintenance-free operation and exceptional light distribution
- Operates on any voltage between 120-277 (special voltages available upon request)
- LM70-rated to 100,000 hours
- DLC qualified
- Five-year, full-performance guarantee
- A dedicated Big Ass Fans project manager to handle your project start to finish and forever after
- Assurance that your fan will be installed 100% correctly, by factory-trained and certified installers who know Big Ass Fans inside and out
- Extended 15-year non-prorated warranty
- More time to run your business while we handle the install quickly, cleanly and efficiently
Choose from any one of our 11 classic colors, or dream up a color of your own and let our expert color technicians make it a head-turning reality.
Explore the Colors