NitroSeal Drive System
- Purpose-built for maximum durability and cool operation
- Features <11 arc minutes backlash HeliCamber gear technology, SKF tapered roller bearings, a 2 1/2-inch (6.3cm) hollow output shaft, Simrit double-lipped output seals and lifetime synthetic oil
- Nitrogen filled and hermetically sealed to prevent contaminants for zero maintenance
Patented Airfoil System
- Patented airfoil system includes eight airfoils and winglets that set the world standard for airflow
- Unique aerodynamic design eliminates turbulent airflow at the airfoil tips
- Cuffed winglet design eliminates wind noise
- Patent-pending AirFences redirect the fan’s air velocity profile, contributing to a 28% improvement in coverage area
C-Face Motor Adapter
- C-face motor attachment enables technicians to detach the motor for easy field service
- Designed to work with our NitroSeal gearbox
- Covered under our 15-year, nonprorated warranty with factory installation
Allows integration of lights, security cameras, speakers, security mirrors and just about anything else you can imagine
Wall Mounted Keypad
- Operates an unlimited number of fans from a single wall control
- Powered by pre-assembled Cat5 cable
- Lightweight, compact control is easily installed and employs an easy-to-read LED display
- Use the button cover to prevent curious fingers from mucking up your energy savings
- Patent-pending hub system includes hub, airfoil retainers and hub clips that offer tough and reliable performance
- Machine-cut precision components offer uniform load distribution to promote overall longevity and durability
Fire Control Panel Integration
- Standard, power-on shutdown fire relay included for seamless fire-control panel integration
Onboard VFD Controls
- Onboard VFD controls are pre-wired to the motor, requiring only a single electrical run from the breaker panel to the fan
- All fans tested at full speed prior to shipping to ensure trouble-free installation
- Minimal distance between the motor and VFD controller eliminates EMI/RFI interference
- Simple integration into building automation systems using Modbus, analog outputs or other communication protocols
- Fully sealed polycarbonate enclosure provides maximum durability and corrosion resistance while preventing excessive heat buildup for extended service life
- IP55-rated to stand up to the toughest industrial environments
Be the master of your domain. Powerfoil®X3.0 has several control options available—check them out!
- Easily control Powerfoil X3.0 with the digital keypad, touch control and LED display of the wall controller.
- Integrate Powerfoil X3.0 into your facility’s fire suppression system and keep employees safer.
- Add SmartSense™ to automatically adjust your fan’s speed based on temperature changes and seasonal conditions.
- Use BAFWorks™3.0 to control multiple fans from a single easy-to-use touch display.
- Integrate Powerfoil X3.0 into your building automation system for automatic centralized control of all your building’s systems.
Year-round Energy Savings
Overhead Big Ass Fans work with your HVAC to provide significant energy savings.
- In summer, the fans’ cooling effect means the A/C can be set several degrees higher.
- In winter, fans push the heat down from the ceiling, so your heater runs less, leading to savings as high as 30 percent.
- Enjoy your fan, worry-free, with a lifetime hub and airfoil warranty.
- Unparalleled 15-year non-prorated warranty comes standard for all components with our Factory-Certified Installation.
- Big Ass Solutions handles all warranties without redirecting you to component manufacturers. We make it, we sell it, we install it and we guarantee it.
- See our Industrial Warranty Document for more information.
SmartSense is an automated system with three user modes: Winter, Summer and Manual.
- Winter Mode: Automatically adjusts speed to minimize temperature differential between the floor and ceiling
- Summer Mode: Increases fan speed as the floor-level temperature rises
- Manual Mode: Takes the system off autopilot and gives the user full control of fan operation
- Standard SmartSense control system automatically adjusts for 24/7 comfort.
- For more information on SmartSense, click here.
Plus Hybrid Airfoil
- Pushes air at an angle, moving it over and around obstructions
- Unique, aerodynamic airfoil and winglet design enhances both energy efficiency and airflow by eliminating turbulence at the airfoil tips
Developed in partnership with leading food manufacturers to meet the strictest wash-down requirements. Features and benefits of the wash-down fan include:
- Stainless steel and aluminum design
- Stainless steel wash-down motor for frequent intense cleaning
- Food-duty epoxy
- Completely sealed NitroSeal gearbox with food-grade oil
- Non-pooling design
- Nonporous, nonabsorbent and corrosion-resistant materials throughout
- Lifetime warranty on hub and airfoils, three years parts, one year labor
Powerfoil X LED
- Provides unimpeded, energy-efficient light
- Three standard output options: 9,050, 13,060 and 20,700 lumens. (An additional 10,500-lumen LED is available)
- Lens options include 30°, 80° and a 100° diffused option for softer, maximized spread
- Seamlessly integrates with existing building lighting grids, providing maintenance-free operation and exceptional light distribution
- Operates on any voltage between 120-277 (special voltages available upon request)
- LM70-rated to 100,000 hours
- DLC qualified
- Five-year, full-performance guarantee
- A dedicated Big Ass Fans project manager to handle your project start to finish and forever after
- Assurance that your fan will be installed 100% correctly, by factory-trained and certified installers who know Big Ass Fans inside and out
- Extended 15-year non-prorated warranty
- More time to run your business while we handle the install quickly, cleanly and efficiently
The standard colors for Powerfoil X3.0 are silver and yellow. Want something different? You can individualize your fan with one of our 11 classic color upgrades, or work with our design consultants to create a shade that’s all your own.
Explore the Colors